The Ministère de l'Éducation et de l'Enseignement supérieur (MEES) is committed to providing quality services and, in order to constantly improve them, it takes into account suggestions and comments from the public.

If you are dissatisfied with the service you received, a program in which you participated or a decision taken by MEES, you can file a complaint.

Lodging a complaint

If you are not satisfied with services MEES has provided, you may lodge a complaint with the Direction de l’accès à l’information et des plaintes (DAIP), which will forward it to the person responsible for the services in question.

Complaints that are not processed by MEES

  • Services provided by public and private educational institutions (schools, colleges, universities, school boards):If you are not satisfied with services you have received from one of these organizations, you must contact it directly. All school boards have a procedure in place for examining complaints.
  • Matters under the responsibility of any other ministry, organization or body.
  • A case before the courts.
  • An access-to-information request concerning a document.
  • An anonymous complaint or hateful or offensive comments.

If you wish to make a comment or request information, you must fill out an electronic form Cet hyperlien s'ouvrira dans une nouvelle fenêtre. or else contact Renseignements généraux, the MEES unit responsible for providing general information.

Processing of the complaint

  • If you file a complaint using an electronic form Cet hyperlien s'ouvrira dans une nouvelle fenêtre., you will receive an acknowledgment of receipt and a file number. Please keep this number to facilitate follow-up.
  • If you file a complaint by fax or regular mail, the DAIP will send you an acknowledgment of receipt within five days following receipt of the complaint.
  • If you use any of these means of communication, you must provide your last name, first name and telephone number and a description of your complaint. If you are a student, you must also provide your permanent code. If you are a parent who is making a complaint on behalf of your child, you must provide his or her last name, first name and permanent code. This information is required to process your complaint appropriately.
  • If required, someone will contact you to obtain any additional information needed to process your file.
  • Your complaint will then be forwarded to the appropriate MEES administrative unit.
  • We will inform you of the results of the examination of your complaint within 28 calendar days.
  • If you are dissatisfied with the response to your complaint, you can ask that the DAIP review it. You will receive an acknowledgment of receipt and a response, in accordance with the above procedure.

In order to protect the confidentiality of documents and information, we suggest that you not use e-mails to communicate with the administrative units responsible for processing your complaint, as this communication method is not secure and may not protect confidentiality.

Access to and correction of information

Under the Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information, you are entitled to consult information that you have provided as part of your complaint and to ask for correction of any inaccurate, incomplete or equivocal information. To do so, please contact the DAIP.

You remain dissatisfied with the response obtained?

If you remain dissatisfied with the response obtained, the Québec Ombudsman Cet hyperlien s'ouvrira dans une nouvelle fenêtre. can also receive complaints  concerning MEES activities and services.

Contact us

418 643-4806
1 866 643-4806
Fax: 418 643-1602

Direction de l'accès à l'information et des plaintes
Édifice Marie-Guyart
1035, rue De La Chevrotière, 27e étage
Québec (Québec)  G1R 5A5

Appreciation Form

Appreciation Form
Did you encounter any problems while navigating? Please send us your observations and help us improve our website. Please do not enter any personal information in this field.