Submitting a Project Proposal
Preparing a project
The idea of the project can originate with the school or with an artist, writer or cultural organization listed in the Répertoire culture-éducation . The cultural partner and the school must ensure that the eligibility criterias for the component are respected, work together to design an artistic project for students and fill out the project submission form, which must take into account the following points:
- a description of recent professional works by the artist or writer (mentioning the exhibition halls, venues or publishers)
- a description of the artist’s or writer's personal creative work (including the creative process(es) involved) and the conditions required for carrying it out (space, materials, time, etc.)
- a description of the artistic exploration work by the students with the active participation of the teacher and the artist or writer (nature of the work, groups of students targeted, materials and time required, connections with the Québec Education Program, preparation and transfer-of-learning activities, etc.)
- a work schedule for the artist or writer, according to the following terms and conditions: a total of 20 hours per week at the school, including an average of 5 to 10 hours per week spent with the students and their teacher, with the rest of the time devoted to a personal creative work
- a breakdown of the funding requested to carry out the project, including justification of expenses, if applicable.
For projects completed as joint creations, it is important to clearly distinguish the role of students from that of the artist or writer. The student must complete an experimental work, while the project completed by the cultural resource must be based on professional creation.
Applications may be accompanied by photos, videos and not more than four pages of complimentary documentation. This documentation may include the cultural resource’s CV, a detailed schedule of activities and a list of expenses as well as details on the process and creative works of the second and third cultural resources, if applicable. For visual arts projects, applicants are strongly advised to submit a few photographs of their recent work or to provide a hyperlink to a Web portfolio.
It should be noted that the cultural partner in no way serves as a substitute for the teacher during the project.
Submitting an application
The application must be sent by the cultural partner or the educational partner using the submission tool. This tool can only be used once for each application, so the application must be complete when it is sent.
The following information and documents are required to submit the application:
- the school’s contact information
- the total number of students at the school
- the email addresses and phone numbers of the school administration, the personal at the school responsible for the project and the cultural partner
- the duly completed project submission form
- a scanned copy of the page of the form containing the signatures, or the version of the form including all the digital signatures
- photos, videos and additional documents, if necessary
The total size of the attached files must not be greater than 100 Mb. Audio and video files must have a maximum size of 50 Mb each.
Step 1: Verification of project eligibility
The first committee will ensure that the applications contain all the required documents, meet the eligibility conditions and provide the necessary information for the submission to be analyzed.
Step 2: Evaluation of applications
Requests are evaluated by a committee made up of representatives of the Ministère de l’Éducation and the Ministère de la Culture et des Communications, along with members of the cultural and school communities representing performance arts, visual arts and literature.
The evaluation of applications takes into account the following criteria:
- the relevance and interest of the artistic experimentation proposed by the cultural resource person
- relevance and interest of the pedagogical activities led by the teacher
- connections with the Québec Education Program
- the active contribution of students; their participation should go beyond awareness-raising activities, learning art techniques or doing isolated workshops
- the feasibility of the projected collaboration with students, depending on the context
- the participation of as many students as possible based on the nature and duration of the project
- the quality, originality, relevance and interest of the artist’s or writer’s personal creative work in relation to their creative process
- the development of the creative process (for an artist or writer who has already received a grant under this component)
- the connections between the artist’s or writer's personal creative work, previous artistic production and his or her artistic development
- the existence of possible connections between the artist’s or writer's personal creative work and the artistic exploration work by the students
- the feasibility of the artist’s personal creative work (time, budget, constraints, etc.)
- the expected benefits of the project for the students, the artist or writer, the teachers and the entire school or the community as a whole, if applicable
If a project is selected, the evaluation committee recommends financial assistance based on the amount requested. Once the amount of the grant has been set, it does not change unless the project is cancelled before completion. No requests to increase the financial assistance will be authorized once the project has been accepted.
The deadline for receipt of applications has passed for the 2020-2021 school year.
Announcement of results: Early December