Special Pedagogical Project in Arts Education share the following characteristics:
- The projects are based on the Québec Education Program.
- The projects have an impact on the subject-time allocation.
- All of the arts education at the school is provided by qualified staff members of the school board or private school.
The Ministère may approve a project that enlists the participation of outside specialists or organizations provided that the school board or private school retains responsibility for the basic program. In such a case, student evaluation is carried out in conjunction with the evaluation done by the teacher and is under the teacher’s responsibility. In addition, when outside specialists supplement teachers’ instruction by elaborating on specific aspects of the program content, either individually or in small groups, they are not responsible for the whole class.
School boards or private schools that call on outside specialists or organizations must :
- verify the competence and qualifications of the individuals involved
- ensure that these resources collaborate closely with the school team
- have the outside specialists or organizations sign contracts or agreements
- The arts education is offered on a group basis.
- As much as possible, the admission criteria allow for the inclusion of any student who demonstrates a clear interest in the arts.
- The project allows for the organization of services facilitating the integration and success of students with handicaps, social maladjustments or learning disabilities.
- The project includes measures for the support and guidance of students with handicaps, social maladjustments or learning disabilities.
- The school board or private school is responsible for ensuring that learning takes place in a safe environment and with appropriate equipment.
The elements that are considered in evaluating a project are described in the Request for Approval section.