To be eligible, a project must meet all the following criteria:
- The project involves the participation of a science organization listed on the List of science organizations [available in French only].
- The project presents the steps in its preparation, implementation and transfer-of-learning phases:
- The preparation phase involves one or more activities that enable the students to acquire the knowledge they will need during the implementation phase.
- The implementation phase involves one or more cultural experiences in which students participate in science or technology workshops in the school or take field trips to a science organization. (Please note that a single project can combine workshops and field trips.)
- The transfer-of-learning phase allows students to reflect on the knowledge acquired during the previous two phases and to make connections with other learning situations in the classroom.
- The project consists of a maximum of:
- three workshops with the same science organization and the same group of students at the school
- two field trips to visit a science organization with the same group of students.
- It involves a maximum of 35 students per group in a workshop carried out in the classroom or by videoconference.
(The number of students taking part in field trips to cultural organizations and the duration of the trips may vary in accordance with the nature of the project and the organization’s visitor capacity.)
- The project involves the active participation of the teacher and the students in the preparation, implementation and transfer-of-learning phases.
- The project is the result of co-operation between a teacher, a group of teachers, a school, a school service centre (SSC) or school board (SB) and one or more representatives of a science organization
- The project is organized by a school, a group of schools or a SSC or SB.
- The project complies with the health and safety rules in effect at the school or school board as well as the rules of ethics applicable to the scientific or technological field involved.
If the workshop takes place by videoconference, the following additional conditions apply:
- The reasons why the workshop cannot be held in person must be given on the Project Submission Form.
- The organization must be able to offer a videoconference workshop under optimal conditions.
- activities focused solely on teaching students a technique or theory
- activities that are routinely offered by the teacher of the subject as part of a course
- shows, presentations or demonstrations that do not involve active participation by all the students in a workshop that takes place before or after the event
- fundraising activities for a school or school board project (e.g. benefit show, fundraiser)
The project submission deadline is determined by each school service centre and school board.
The submission deadline for science workshops or field trips is October 15, 2021.
- Répertoire culture-éducation (in French only)