The Ministère’s main responsibilities for financial resources in the education system are as follows:
- It is responsible for reviewing programs, defending credits, budget planning and determining school taxes.
- It establishes the annual budget rules and the funding allocation parameters for the public and private systems.
- It authorizes long- and short-term loans and the distribution of subsidies to educational institutions.
- It establishes procedures for monitoring and verifying student enrolments and provides follow- up.
- It oversees the implementation of operations associated with the financial management of the institutions in the school system, monitors their financial situation and produces various indicators and statistics.