This component enables representatives from science organizations to come into the classroom (or conduct a videoconference, under certain conditions) and share their scientific or technological approaches with the students in a workshop setting.
It also enables students to go on field trips to science organizations.
The role of the partners
Science organization representatives are invited to share their scientific and technological approaches, along with various aspects of the related trades and professions, with the students, and to encourage the students to be active participants.
To do this, they may deal with all areas associated with the sciences in the curriculum and with the world of contemporary science. These include:
- natural sciences
- environmental sciences
- earth sciences (mines, fossils, geology)
- health and life sciences
- agriculture and food science
- astronomy and astrophysics
- energy (hydroelectricity, green energy, etc.)
- digital technology
- computer science
- artificial intelligence
- transportation (rail, water, air, etc.)
- science and technology (in general)
Field trips may also involve natural or industrial sites, or living collections.
Representatives of organizations that participate actively in science culture may encourage students to:
- reflect on and discuss ideas
- acquire scientific or technological knowledge or skills
- learn about scientific communication and popularization
Representatives of science organizations can help young people to develop critical judgment and a better understanding of themselves, others and the world, in addition to bolstering their self-esteem and feeling of competency.
Connections with the Québec Education Program
The Québec Education Program is based on the principle that students play an active role in their learning and it promotes the integration of the cultural dimension into schools. Teachers must make the relevant connections between the Québec Education Program and the workshops supported by the Culture in the Schools program, particularly during the preparation and transfer-of-learning phases.
The project submission deadline is determined by each school service centre and school board.
The submission deadline for science workshops or field trips is October 15.
- Project Submission Form
- List of science organizations (in French only)
- Répertoire culture-éducation (in French only)
- Video clip : Les organismes de culture scientifique, vos alliés
- Video clip : Développer la culture scientifique à l’école