The main objectives of the cultural committees are to enhance the cultural dimension of school service centres (SSC) and school boards (SB), and to promote the integration of culture into the schools. Aware of the key role that they can play, the Ministère is lending its support to the creation, operation and development of these committees.
- Provide the SSC or SB with a cultural policy adopted by the governing board or council of commissioners, provide for its implementation and update it every 10 years.
- Identify and implement measures aimed at promoting the integration of the cultural dimension into the schools’ educational projects.
- Encourage the teaching staff to plan cultural activities for the students and then re-channel what they learned into classroom activities.
- Promote the Culture-Education section of the Ministère’s website and assist schools that would like to organize activities related to the programs, awards and resources available to teachers.
- Deadline for applications for financial support for the 2023-2024 school year: June 1, 2023.