The Government Strategy Against Bullying and Violence in the Schools
The new government strategy calls upon all Quebeckers, not just students, parents and school staff, to engage in a concerted effort to put an end to bullying and violence in the schools. The strategy revolves around the theme “Bullying is out. It’s time to stand up!” and translates into four components: mobilization, communication, legislation and action.
Young people, parents, school staff, school administrators, elected officials and community leaders are invited to sign the Declaration of support for Quebecers against bullying and violence. In addition, a week against bullying and violence will be organized each year around October 2 to coincide with the International Day of Non-Violence.
On June 12, 2012, the National Assembly passed Bill 56: An Act to prevent and stop bullying and violence in schools, which involves various amendments to the Education Act and the Act respecting Private education. This Bill sets out the duties and responsibilities of the relevant school stakeholders and their partners.
The Action Plan to Prevent and Deal With Violence in the Schools will be revised and strengthened by the addition of new measures. These will include holding training activities on good citizenship each year in every school and integrating principles of cybercitizenship into courses over the next two years in order to pass on the values that will guide young people in their use of new technologies. In addition, the partnerships established through the agreements made between the school boards, organizations in the health and social services network, and different police forces will continue to develop and grow, focused on the goal of fighting bullying and violence in the schools.
- Healthy Schools approach
- Frame of reference: Police presence in educational institutions
- Entente multisectorielle relative aux enfants victimes d'abus sexuels, de mauvais traitements physiques ou d'une absence de soins menaçant leur santé physique
- L'impact de l'homophobie et de la violence homophobe sur la persévérance et la réussite scolaires
- Plan d'intervention québécois sur les gangs de rue
- Québec policy against homophobia
- Portail « Choisis ta gang »
- “New Approaches, New Solutions” intervention strategy
- Vie Pédagogique La violence Réfléchir et agir ensemble