The advantages of studying in Québec
In Québec, the quality of life is excellent. Students from all over the world are drawn to the province because of its outstanding advantages. Each year, more than 40 000 students from different countries choose to study in Québec.
Discover what makes Québec the place you want to be.
- Excellence in education: Québec’s education system is distinguished by its many internationally recognized programs.
- Ultramodern infrastructures: Institutions of higher learning all across Québec are equipped with high-tech laboratories, computer labs, sports facilities and performance halls.
- Affordable cost of living: Tuition fees for international students and the cost of living in Québec are among the lowest in North America.
- Safe living conditions: Québec is recognized as a just, respectful, egalitarian, inclusive and democratic society. The crime rate is one of the lowest in North America.
- The lively cultural scene: Every year, a multitude of large-scale cultural and international events—festivals, carnivals, art exhibitions and sports events—take place all across Québec.
- The charm of city living: Québec’s major cities offer an exquisite blend of North American modernity and European charm.
- Wide-open natural spaces: The province offers an abundance of impressive vistas as well as many lakes and rivers, a vast boreal forest, a fjord and a majestic river. There are several provincial parks where visitors can admire the unique landscapes while taking part in sporting and leisure activities that vary with the seasons.