Prix Étincelle (Spark Awards)
These awards acknowledge the efforts of people in the education system who seek to improve the way reading is taught in schools, and who have been able to spark a love of reading in those around them. The prizes are given in recognition of the positive impact these people have on their colleagues and on student success. You can nominate anyone working in the education system whom you feel deserves public recognition for their contribution to the development of lifelong reading habits.
To be eligible, candidates must:
- work in the education system
- be passionate about literature
- inspire the people around them—students, colleague or parents—to share their enthusiasm
- seek to develop lifelong reading habits in others
- have helped advance the way reading is taught and the development of students’ reading skills
In other words, we are looking for people who have helped form lifelong readers. Do you know someone who qualifies? If so, nominate them and give them the recognition they deserve!
Complete the nomination form and send it to the Ministère by email .
All nominations will be treated confidentially. All candidates will receive a message stating that one of their colleagues has taken the time to submit their name for an award in recognition of their outstanding work.
Application deadline: March 22th 2019.