Reading Recognition Awards
The Reading Recognition Awards pay tribute to people who create stimulating projects to teach reading. They recognize the efforts of passionate individuals who use a variety of literary resources to involve students in activities that will help them become lifelong readers.
Read all about the winning projects!
Prix Étincelle (Spark Awards)
These awards acknowledge the efforts of people in the education system who seek to improve the way reading is taught in schools, and who have been able to spark a love of reading in those around them. The prizes are given in recognition of the positive impact these people have on their colleagues and on student success.
Read all about the prizewinners!
Prix Robert-Bourassa (Robert Bourassa Award)
This award is given for original, innovative projects that bring people together and:
- combine language and the school community
- promote the French language
- are the result of dialogue and partnerships between schools and outside resources
- the vitality and wealth of French, the shared language of Québec
- pride in speaking French in Québec, and
- the importance of speaking and writing well
For more information, see the Web site of the Ministère de la Culture et des Communications (MCC) .