The Québec Order of Excellence in Education is tangible proof of the Québec government’s desire to officially recognize the merits of those who have distinguished themselves by their contribution to the improvement of education in the province.
The Order is designed to:
- recognize the merits of those who work in the field of education and higher education in Québec (teachers, various non-teaching professionals, administrators, civil servants, volunteers, etc.)
- highlight significant local, regional and provincial contributions of stakeholders in the Québec education system
- contribute to the development of the Québec education system
The Minister of Education, Recreation and Sports and the Minister responsible for Higher Education and for the Status of Women may appoint to the Order, jointly and on the recommendation of the Order of Excellence Council, any person born or residing in Québec. The Ministers may also appoint persons born or residing in another country, for the purpose of recognizing their contributions to the Québec education system.
To be appointed to the Order is to become a member of a community of individuals who share the same merits. The Order comprises three titles (Member, Distinguished Member and Emeritus Member) that enable its members to advance within its ranks, and to be rewarded more than once for their contributions to the field of education.
Submitting a nomination
A nomination for the Order may be submitted by:
- a physical person, seconded by another physical person
- an educational institution (school board, public or private elementary or secondary school, adult education or vocational training centre, general education or technical training college, private college or university)
Individuals may not nominate themselves for the Order.
All nominations must be submitted using the e-form and include an outline of the nominee’s professional career and a description of contributions to the field of education in Québec.
In order to fill out this form, nominators must have the following information at hand:
- the nominee’s personal or professional contact information
- an outline of the nominee’s professional career
- the nominee’s contributions to the field of education
- any other document that helps support the nomination (optional)