Work Placement in a Laboratory in France (CNRS-LOJIQ) - Excellence in Science
Learn about research at the CNRS
The Mission pour la place des femmes au Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS) and Les Offices jeunesse internationaux du Québec (LOJIQ) award a work placement in the CNRS laboratories in France.
The winner will be offered a work placement in a CNRS laboratory specializing in her field of study and her preferred subjects. The trainee will be given an allowance to cover her living costs abroad.
To assist the winner in taking up her work placement trip abroad, LOJIQ will also provide a travel grant of $1500 to offset the following expenses:
- round-trip air transportation (to and from Québec)
- travel medical insurance and emergency medical care for her entire stay abroad
- living expenses
If applicable, the winner may also receive:
- a flat-rate allowance to enable participants from remote regions to travel to the nearest airport in Québec to take their flight
- civil liability insurance obtained and paid for by LOJIQ
The winner must join the Fondation LOJIQ and pay the $25 fee, which will enable her to enjoy a number of benefits (excess baggage on the airplane, insurance, etc.). Payment of this fee is mandatory in order to receive the travel grant.
The work placement will take place in the laboratory of the student’s choice, will last two to three months and must take place between September 2019 and August 2020. The total value of the practicum is about $5000 for a three-month stay.
Did you know . . .
The Centre national de la recherche scientifique is the largest public research organization in Europe. It has more than 1 100 laboratories throughout France and employs more than 34 000 technicians, engineers and researchers working in a variety of professions and scientific fields.
In order to be eligible for this prize, candidates must meet the following conditions:
- be between 18 and 35 years of age at the time of the work placement
- be Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- have resided in Québec for at least one year
In addition to the answers to the general questions, the candidate’s application package must include the answers to the following questions (a maximum of one page):
- What are your reasons for wanting a work placement in a CNRS lab in France?
- What impact do you anticipate this placement will have on your personal and professional development?
- How would you describe your ideal work placement?
To learn more about the CNRS and the Mission pour la place des femmes, go to www.cnrs.fr/mpdf/ .
To learn more about LOJIQ and its previous winners, go to its website .