Know all about job insecurity? Tell us your story.
The Fédération des travailleurs et travailleuses du Québec (FTQ) awards two cash prizes of $2000, one to a vocational training student and one to a technical training student, each of whom was employed in an unstable job. "Unstable job" refers, for example, to part-time or temporary jobs, or work that involved being on call or on contract.
In addition to the answers to the compulsory questions, the candidate’s application must include answers to the following questions (maximum of one page):
- What were your reasons for training or retraining for a traditionally male-dominated occupation? Describe your experiences in an unstable job.
- How will your work experience or your union, social or volunteer involvement, as well as your training help you to:
- overcome obstacles to take your place within a mostly male work team?
- be accepted and gain the respect of the male majority?
- keep your job?
- In your opinion, what can unions do to support female employees in traditionally male-dominated jobs or help them remain in those jobs?
For more information about the Fédération des travailleurs et travailleuses du Québec (FTQ) and its former prizewinners, go to their website (in French only).