Know all about job insecurity? Tell us your story.
The Fédération des travailleurs et travailleuses du Québec (FTQ) awards a prize of $2000 to a student who was employed in an unstable job. “Unstable job” refers, for example, to part-time or temporary jobs, or work that involves being on call or on contract.
In addition to the answers to the compulsory questions, the candidate’s application package must include the answers to the following questions (a maximum of one page):
- Why did you choose to train or retrain for a traditionally male-dominated occupation? Describe your experience in an unstable job.
- How will your training, work experience, or union, social or volunteer involvement help you to:
- overcome obstacles to take your place within a predominantly male team?
- be accepted by and gain the respect of the male majority?
- keep your job?
- In your opinion, what can unions do to support female employees in generally male-dominated occupations?
The FTQ jury reserves the right to transfer the prize to the Hats Off to You! contest if any of the requirements of the Excellence in Science contest are not met.
To learn more about the FTQ, go to its website .