Environment Prizes (MELCC)
So you want to save the planet?
The Ministère de l’Environnement et de la Lutte contre les changements climatiques (MELCC) awards two cash prizes of $2000, one to a student enrolled in vocational and the other to a student enrolled in technical training.
In addition to the answers to the general questions, the candidate’s application package must include the answers to the following questions (a maximum of one page):
- In the last five years, what have been your personal and professional achievements relating to sustainable development, the environment or the fight against climate change?
- In the 2013-2020 Climate Change Action Plan (in french only), the Quebec government established 30 priorities. What is your career plan, and how will it showcase one or more of the action plan’s priorities? Please make sure you specify the name and number of any priority you mention.
Eligible programs of study
- Civil Engineering Technology (DCS)
- Conduite de procédés de traitement de l’eau (DVS)
- Ore Extraction (DVS)
- Production animale (DVS)
- Techniques d’aménagement et d’urbanisme (DCS)
- Technologie de l’eau (DCS)
- Techniques du milieu naturel (DEC)
- Technologie du génie industriel (DCS)
To learn more about the MELCC and its previous prizewinners, go to its website .