Environment Prize (MELCC) - Excellence in Science
So you want to save the planet?
The Ministère de l’Environnement et de la Lutte contre les changements climatiques (MELCC) awards a prize of $2000 to a student enrolled in one of the following programs:
- Bioresource Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil, Building and Transportation Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Geomatics
- Environmental Design
- Forestry Engineering, Forestry and Wood Sciences (silviculture)
- Geomatics (surveying)
- Geomatics Engineering
- Industrial and Administrative Engineering
- Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Meteorology and Atmospheric Sciences
- Mining Engineering
In addition to the answers to the compulsory questions, the candidate’s application package must include the answers to the following questions (a maximum of one page):
- In the last five years, what have been your personal or professional achievements relating to the environment or the fight against climate change?
- In the 2013-2020 Climate Change Action Plan (in french only), the Quebec government established 30 priorities. What is your career plan, and how will it showcase one or more of the action plan’s priorities? Please make sure you specify the name and number of any priority you mention.
To learn more about the MELCC and its previous prizewinners, go to its website .