Attention all future female construction workers or entrepreneurs
The Commission de la construction du Québec (CCQ) awards two cash prizes of $2000 to students enrolled in a program of study leading to a trade or occupation in the construction industry, or who would like to start a construction business.
In addition to the answers to the four mandatory questions, the candidate's portfolio must include the answers to the following questions (a maximum of one page):
Construction Site Equality Prizes – Future Female Construction Worker Division
- What will you do to successfully integrate into a team consisting mostly of men and to acquire a variety of work-related experiences (for example, when working on a construction site for the purpose of becoming a journeyman)?
- How will you respond if you or one of your colleagues is exposed to inappropriate remarks or actions or to prejudices relating to the presence of women on a construction site?
Construction Site Equality Prizes – Future Female Construction Entrepreneur Division
- How will you carve out a place for yourself as a female entrepreneur in order to have your company recognized as being a thriving enterprise?
- As a female entrepreneur, what actions will you take to foster male-female equality in the workplace and to offer healthy working conditions (free of harassment, discrimination, etc.)?
- Arpentage et topographie (DVS)
- Calorifugeage (DVS)
- Carpentry (DVS)
- Chaudronnerie (DVS)
- Civil Engineering Technology (DCS)
- Commercial and Residential Painting (DVS)
- Conduite d’engins de chantier (DVS)
- Conduite de grues (DVS)
- Electricity (DVS)
- Elevator Mechanics (DVS)
- Forage et dynamitage (DVS)
- High Pressure Welding (AVS)
- Industrial Construction and Maintenance Mechanics (DVS)
- Installation de revêtements souples (DVS)
- Installation et entretien de systèmes de sécurité (DVS)
- Installation et fabrication de produits verriers (DVS)
- Masonry: Bricklaying (DVS)
- Mécanique d’engins de chantier (DVS)
- Mécanique de protection contre les incendies (DVS)
- Montage de lignes électriques (DVS)
- Montage structural et architectural (DVS)
- Plastering (DVS)
- Plongée professionnelle (ACS)
- Plumbing and Heating (DVS)
- Pose d’armature du béton (DVS)
- Pose de revêtements de toiture (DVS)
- Pose de systèmes intérieurs (DVS)
- Preparing and Finishing Concrete (DVS)
- Refrigeration (DVS)
- Restauration de maçonnerie (AVS)
- Sheet Metal Work (DVS)
- Tiling (DVS)
- Welding and Fitting (DVS)
To learn more about the Commission de la construction du Québec (CCQ), go to their website .