Construction Site Equality Prizes (CCQ)
Are you a future construction worker or entrepreneur?
The Commission de la construction du Québec (CCQ) awards two cash prizes of $2500 to students enrolled in a program of study leading to a trade or occupation in the construction industry, or who would like to start a business in construction.
Candidates for the Construction Site Equality Prizes must choose to answer questions for one of the following two components: Future Construction Worker or Future Construction Entrepreneur.
In addition to the answers to the general questions, the candidate’s application package must include the answers to the following questions (a maximum of one page):
Construction Equality Prize – Future Construction Worker component
- What kind of behaviour can be encouraged on construction sites to help women integrate into construction crews?
- How would you react if you or one of your colleagues is subjected to sexist remarks or to acts of sexual misconduct on a construction site?
Construction Equality Prize – Future Construction Entrepreneur component
- In your opinion, what skills do you possess that will help you establish yourself as a businesswoman in the construction industry?
- Do you believe that the measures put in place by the CCQ allow you to be an active participant in gender equality within your business? If so, can you name the exact measure(s)? If not, what else could the CCQ do?
Eligible programs of study
- Arpentage et topographie (DVS)
- Calorifugeage (DVS)
- Carpentry (DVS)
- Chaudronnerie (DVS)
- Civil Engineering Technology (DCS)
- Commercial and Residential Painting (DVS)
- Conduite d’engins de chantier (DVS)
- Conduite de grues (DVS)
- Electricity (DVS)
- Elevator Mechanics (DVS)
- Forage et dynamitage (DVS)
- High Pressure Welding (AVS)
- Industrial Construction and Maintenance Mechanics (DVS)
- Installation de revêtements souples (DVS)
- Installation et entretien de systèmes de sécurité (DVS)
- Installation et fabrication de produits verriers (DVS)
- Masonry: Bricklaying (DVS)
- Mécanique d’engins de chantier (DVS)
- Mécanique de protection contre les incendies (DVS)
- Montage de lignes électriques (DVS)
- Montage structural et architectural (DVS)
- Plastering (DVS)
- Plongée professionnelle (ACS)
- Plumbing and Heating (DVS)
- Pose d’armature du béton (DVS)
- Pose de revêtements de toiture (DVS)
- Pose de systèmes intérieurs (DVS)
- Preparing and Finishing Concrete (DVS)
- Refrigeration (DVS)
- Restauration de maçonnerie (AVS)
- Sheet Metal Work (DVS)
- Tiling (DVS)
- Welding and Fitting (DVS)
To learn more about the CCQ, go to its website .