Construction Site Equality Prizes (CCQ)
Are you a future construction worker or entrepreneur?
The Commission de la construction du Québec (CCQ) awards two cash prizes of $2000 to students enrolled in a program of study leading to a trade or occupation in the construction industry, or who would like to start a business in construction.
Candidates for the Construction Site Equality Prizes must choose to answer questions for one of the following two components: Future Construction Worker or Future Construction Entrepreneur.
In addition to the answers to the compulsory questions, the candidate’s application package must include the answers to the following questions (a maximum of one page):
Construction Equality Prize – Future Construction Worker component
- What actions will you take to rectify the situation if an employer or colleague expresses doubts about your ability to do your work because you are a woman?
- How will you react if you or one of your colleagues is subjected to sexist remarks or to acts of sexual misconduct on a construction site?
Construction Equality Prize – Future Construction Entrepreneur component
- As a businesswoman, what will you do to become recognized as a successful construction entrepreneur?
- As an entrepreneur, what will you do to ensure greater heterogeneity in the workplace and to provide a healthy work environment (free of harassment and discrimination)?
Eligible programs of study
- Arpentage et topographie (DVS)
- Calorifugeage (DVS)
- Carpentry (DVS)
- Chaudronnerie (DVS)
- Civil Engineering Technology (DCS)
- Commercial and Residential Painting (DVS)
- Conduite d’engins de chantier (DVS)
- Conduite de grues (DVS)
- Electricity (DVS)
- Elevator Mechanics (DVS)
- Forage et dynamitage (DVS)
- High Pressure Welding (AVS)
- Industrial Construction and Maintenance Mechanics (DVS)
- Installation de revêtements souples (DVS)
- Installation et entretien de systèmes de sécurité (DVS)
- Installation et fabrication de produits verriers (DVS)
- Masonry: Bricklaying (DVS)
- Mécanique d’engins de chantier (DVS)
- Mécanique de protection contre les incendies (DVS)
- Montage de lignes électriques (DVS)
- Montage structural et architectural (DVS)
- Plastering (DVS)
- Plongée professionnelle (ACS)
- Plumbing and Heating (DVS)
- Pose d’armature du béton (DVS)
- Pose de revêtements de toiture (DVS)
- Pose de systèmes intérieurs (DVS)
- Preparing and Finishing Concrete (DVS)
- Refrigeration (DVS)
- Restauration de maçonnerie (AVS)
- Sheet Metal Work (DVS)
- Tiling (DVS)
- Welding and Fitting (DVS)
To learn more about the CCQ, go to its website .