A Career Development Trip Abroad (LOJIQ)
Travel enriches young people
The Offices jeunesse internationaux du Québec (LOJIQ) awards a career development trip abroad to a student enrolled in vocational or technical training. The winning candidate will have access to a guidance service to help her find a work placement related to her field of study.
To assist the winner in taking her career development trip abroad, LOJIQ will also provide a travel grant of $1500 to offset the following expenses:
- round-trip air transportation (to and from Québec)
- travel medical insurance and emergency medical care for her entire stay abroad
- living expenses
If applicable, the winner may also receive:
- a flat-rate allowance to enable participants from remote regions to travel to the nearest airport in Québec to take their flight
- civil liability insurance obtained and paid for by LOJIQ
The winning candidate will have to complete the trip within a year from the date on which the prize was awarded, that is, by June 2019.
In order to be eligible for this prize, candidates must meet the following conditions:
- be between 18 and 35 years of age at the time of the career development trip abroad
- have graduated (by June 30, 2018) from one of the programs eligible for the contest
- be Canadian citizens or permanent residents
- have resided in Québec for at least one year
The winner must join the Fondation LOJIQ and pay the $25 fee, which will enable her to enjoy a number of benefits (excess baggage on the airplane, insurance, etc.). Payment of this fee is mandatory in order to receive the travel grant.
In addition to the answers to the compulsory questions, the candidate’s application package must include the answers to the following questions (a maximum of one page):
- What are your reasons for wanting to undertake a work placement abroad?
- What impact do you anticipate this placement will have on your personal and career development?
- What steps would you take to prepare for this opportunity (e.g. making contacts, obtaining information on the area)? Describe the ideal work placement for you.
To learn more about LOJIQ, go to its website .