Hats Off to You! and its Excellence in Science segment
Registration for the Hats Off to You! and Excellence in Science contests is now closed. Participants will be contacted by email at the end of April 2019. Best of luck!
The Hats Off to You! contest and its Excellence in Science segment showcase the determination and work of women enrolled in a vocational training or technical training program, or a bachelor’s program in science or technology that leads to a career in a traditionally male-dominated occupation.
- recognizes women who choose a traditionally male-dominated occupation
- rewards their hard work
- promotes the academic success of women within a predominantly male group
- provides role models for women who wish to venture off the beaten track
List of prizes
The prizes awarded to the winners are worth between $2 000 and $5 000, and amount to nearly $160 000.
Eligibility for the contest
You must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, have resided in Québec for at least one year, and must not have failed in more than two subjects in your last school term.
Hats Off to You!
You are eligible if:
- you are enrolled full-time in one of the vocational training or technical training programs selected for the contest
- you are enrolled in a school or centre under the jurisdiction of a school board, a CEGEP or a private educational institution in Québec
Important! Certain prizes are reserved for graduates. Refer to the Hats Off to You! Prizes section in the Application Guide.
Excellence in Science
You are eligible if:
- you are enrolled full-time in a bachelor’s program in one of the pure or applied sciences selected for the contest
- you are attending a university-level institution in Québec
How to participate
Your application package must contain the following documents:
- the registration form
- the answers to the general questions on your career choice
- the answers to the additional questions related to the prizes for which you are registered (You must select the prize(s) that best match your profile. Please consult the specific section in the application guide for either the Hats Off to You! contest or the Excellence in Science segment.)
- a copy of your transcript or report card
- your resumé (Excellence in Science segment)
- How did you become interested in your field of study?
- Which of your program-related achievements are you most proud of? Explain why.
- After you complete your studies, do you have any plans related to your training that you want to pursue?
- How did your mentor1 inspire and motivate you, and what impact did they have on your training path?
- What are your reasons for entering the contest, and why do you believe you should be selected?
To find out more about participating in the contest, consult the Hats Off to You! contest Application Guide or the Excellence in Science segment Application Guide.