Dollard-Morin Sports and Recreation Volunteer Award
Each year, some 590 000 volunteers take part in sports and recreation activities throughout Québec. Created in 1992, the Dollard-Morin Recreation and Sports Volunteering Award is intended to highlight the invaluable contribution volunteers make to the development of their communities, as well as the commitment of the municipalities and organizations, including educational institutions, that support volunteer initiatives.
During the provincial awards ceremony, each recipient receives a trophy along with a pin symbolizing a person who has played a key role in the organization and development of recreation and sports.
The Dollard-Morin Sports and Recreation Volunteer Award is offered by the Ministère in conjunction with Québec’s regional sports and recreation offices, the Conseil québécois du loisir, Sports-Québec and the Association québécoise du loisir municipal.
Nominating individuals and organizations must:
- Ensure that the time and effort their candidates have devoted to organizing sports and recreation activities, or to helping existing sports and recreation organizations to operate effectively, have been free of charge
- Ensure that the actions to be highlighted are associated with non-remunerated volunteer activities that have already been carried out, especially when the volunteer activities in question are in the same sector as the volunteer’s remunerated work. It is also essential to ensure that the volunteer work took place between January 1, 2018, and December 31, 2018.
Candidates must be registered in one of the following categories:
- Regional: one person of 18 years or over per administrative region
- Provincial: two people of 18 years or over
- The new generation of volunteers: two people between the ages of 14 and 35
- Support for volunteer initiatives by an organization.
Registration period: December 11, 2018 to January 24, 2019
Awards ceremony: Spring 2019 (date to be announced)
- Guide de mise en candidature 2019 (French only)
- Nomination form for Regional, Provincial and New generation of volunteers (French only)
- Nomination form for Support for volunteer initiatives (French only)