New legislative and regulatory provisions concerning free education and financial contributions that may be required will take effect on July 1, 2019. They affect all preschool, elementary, secondary and vocational training institutions.
The principle of free education is a basic tenet of Québec’s public education system. Consequently, any exception to the principle of free education must be interpreted narrowly. The standards established by regulation and the decisions entrusted to each of the bodies concerned must be understood and applied in such a way as to ensure equal access to public education.
- An Act to clarify the scope of the right to free education and to allow the regulation of certain financial contributions that may be required
- Regulation respecting free instructional material and certain financial contributions that may be required
- Education Act
- Basic school regulation for preschool, elementary and secondary education
- Basic vocational training regulation
- Basic adult general education regulation
- Regulation respecting childcare services provided at school
- Regulation respecting student transportation