Submitting a project proposal
The cultural partner and the school must prepare and submit the project proposal jointly when applying for financial assistance. The project may be initiated by either party. However, for it to be considered, the parties must have reached an agreement beforehand. The project submission must be signed by both the cultural partner and any school staff concerned, and take into account the following points:
- a description of recent professional works by the artist or writer (mentioning the exhibition halls, venues or publishers)
- a description of the artist’s or writer's personal creative work (including the creative process(es) involved) and the conditions required for carrying it out (space, materials, time, etc.)
- a description of the artistic exploration work by the students with the active participation of the teacher and the artist or writer (nature of the work, groups of students targeted, materials and time required, connections with the Québec Education Program, preparation and transfer-of-learning activities, etc.)
- a work schedule for the artist or writer, according to the following terms and conditions: a total of 20 hours per week at the school, including an average of 5 to 10 hours per week spent with the students and their teacher, with the rest of the time devoted to a personal creative work
- a breakdown of the funding requested to carry out the project, including justification of expenses, if applicable.
Applications may be accompanied by photos, videos and additional documents not longer than four pages. For visual arts projects, applicants are strongly advised to submit a few photographs of their recent work or to provide a hyperlink to a Web portfolio.
Evaluation of requests for financial assistance
Requests are evaluated by a committee made up of representatives of the Ministère, the Ministère de la Culture et des Communications, and the cultural and school communities. Requests from private schools are evaluated by representatives of the Ministère.
If a project is selected, the evaluation committee recommends financial assistance, based on the amount requested. Once the amount of the grant has been set, it does not change unless the project is cancelled before completion. No requests to increase the financial assistance will be accepted once the project is under way.
The evaluation of requests takes into account the following criteria:
- the participation of as many students as possible
- the relevance and interest of the artistic experimentation proposed by the cultural resource person
- relevance and interest of the pedagogical activities led by the teacher
- connections with the Québec Education Program
- the active contribution of students; their participation should go beyond awareness-raising activities, learning art techniques or doing isolated workshops
- the feasibility of the projected collaboration with students, depending on the context
- the quality, originality, relevance and interest of the artist’s personal creative work in relation to the creative process
- the development of the creative process (for an artist or writer who has already received a grant under this component)
- the connections between the artist’s or writer's personal creative work, previous artistic production and his or her artistic development
- the existence of possible connections between the artist’s or writer's personal creative work and the artistic exploration work by the students
- the feasibility of the artist’s personal creative work (time, budget, constraints, etc.)
- the expected benefits of the project for the students, the artist or writer, the teachers and the entire school or the community as a whole, if applicable
The results will be announced at the school boards in late November 2018.
The deadline for receipt of applications has passed for the 2019-2020 school year.
Public and private schools: