The Schools Host an Artist or Writer component may be funded for up to 75% of allowable expenses. Cultural partners’ fees are, however, fully reimbursed.
It should be noted that, for private educational institutions, the financial assistance granted for a project could be limited to $10 000, depending on the overall budget.
Cultural partners’ fees are reimbursed to a maximum of $1000 per week, with the exception of taxes, which are considered non-eligible expenses.
In the case of groups of artists or writers (two or more people) and cultural organizations, this amount applies to each person, to a maximum of $3000 per week.
It should be noted that the cultural partner in no way serves as a substitute for the teacher during the project.
Lodging and travel expenses
The cultural partners’ lodging and travel expenses are reimbursed to a maximum of $375 per week for all of the participating cultural resource persons. These may include expenses incurred during planning and coordination meetings. To be considered eligible, these expenses must represent the most economical choices and be necessary for carrying out the project. They must also be approved in advance by the educational institution.
Cultural partners may be asked to justify accommodation and travel expenses.
Specialized materials and equipment rentals
The cost of materials that are used by the cultural partner or by students and that are directly related to the project (with the exception of permanent equipment that must be provided by the school or the artist or writer, if necessary) may be reimbursed to a maximum of $425 per week. Also eligible are the cost of perishable or non-reusable materials or of equipment rentals. To be considered reimbursable, these expenses must be necessary for carrying out the project. They must also be reasonable and approved in advance by the educational institution.
The education and cultural partners may be asked to justify expenses for materials.
Administrative charges incurred by the school or school board, including the cost of release time for teachers to plan and follow up on the project, are set at a maximum of $175 per week.
Administrative costs associated exclusively with a project and assumed by a cultural organization are set at a maximum of $35 per week. The organization’s general operating expenses are not allowable.
The education and cultural partners may be asked to justify expenses for administrative costs.
- show tickets or entrance fees at cultural or other venues
- fees and expenses related to the presentation of a professional or amateur show at the school or at a cultural venue
- the purchase of permanent equipment such as:
- stage equipment
- computer hardware
- musical instruments and music stands
- photographic equipment or video cameras
- professional development costs for teaching staff and cultural partners
- publishing costs
- costs of reproducing the final work (in the case of book publishing projects, a few reproductions are nonetheless authorized for participating classes)
- fees for professionals (computer graphics artist, videographer, editor, reviser, etc.) who have not contributed creative work to the project
- expenses associated with the participation of a cultural mediator
The school must provide for applicable taxes, after checking in the Répertoire culture-éducation and with the cultural partners whether they are subject to GST or PST. Taxes are not allowable under the program and must be assumed by the school.
Public and private schools: