To be eligible, projects must meet all of the following conditions:
- It must present the steps related to their preparation, implementation and transfer-of-learning phases.
- preparation phase: enables the students to acquire the knowledge they will need during the implementation phase
- implementation phase: introduces the students to one or more cultural experiences, such as workshops with artists or writers
- transfer-of-learning phase: allows students to reflect on the knowledge acquired from the various cultural experiences they were introduced to during the two earlier phases and to make connections with other learning situations in the classroom
- They must consist of a maximum of three workshops with the same cultural resource and the same group of students (on an exceptional basis, up to five workshops may be allowed, depending on the requirements of a given project).
- They must be the result of collaboration between a teacher, a group of teachers, a school or a school board and a cultural resource.
- They must be presented by a school, a group of schools or a school board.
- They must involve the active participation of teacher and students in their preparation and implementation phases and in the subsequent transfer-of-learning phase.
- They must enlist the participation of a cultural resource registered in the Répertoire de ressources culture-éducation directory, based on the workshop activities offered by the resource.
- They must involve financial contributions from various partners.
- They must comply with health and safety rules in effect at the school or school board.
The following activities are not eligible:
- Activities focused solely on teaching students a technique or theoretical knowledge
- Activities that are routinely offered by the teacher of the subject as part of a regular class
- Shows, including performance workshops
- Exchange trips and practicums
- Fundraising activities for a school or school board project (e.g. benefit show, fundraiser)