Submitting a project proposal
The person in the school responsible for the project must contact a cultural resource that is listed in the Répertoire culture-éducation (in French only), or in the Liste d’organismes scientifiques (in French only) or that meets the following two criteria: demonstrates expertise related to the project; and has worked with young people for more than two years (in this case, supporting documents must be provided with the project submission). The Ministère de l'Éducation considers that the cultural resources listed in the Répertoire culture éducation , or in the Liste d’organismes scientifiques meet these two criteria. Together, they discuss the interdisciplinary content and duration of the activity, and the preparation to be carried out with the students in relation to the chosen theme.
It should be noted that the cultural resource may carry out activities several times as part of the same project and in no way serves as a substitute for the teacher.
Accordingly, the teacher must be present in the classroom for the duration of the project and manage the class.
Schools that wish to apply for financial assistance must complete the Project Proposal form by October 15, 2022.
For more details, teachers can contact their school principal. If needed, the principal can contact the person responsible for Culture-Education files at the school service centre or school board.
The evaluation of applications will take into account the following criteria:
- The coherence of the project with regard to the integration of the cultural dimension into schools
- The clarity of the educational aim and its connection with the subject-specific competencies of the Québec Education Program
- The relevance of the activities that are included in the project
- The impact of the project and the potential for reapplication
- The relevance of the chosen cultural resource
- The deadline for submitting projects is
October 15, 2022.
- Announcement of results:
Beginning of December 2022.
- Application form (in French only)