Submitted projects eligible for up to $50 000 in funding
This section presents the methods used to determine the total amount that can be reimbursed for submitted projects.
To be eligible for reimbursement, costs must be necessary and reasonable and have been actually incurred. Supporting documents may be requested, depending on the specific terms and conditions specified by the school, school service centre (SSC) or school board (SB).
- The cultural resource fee is set at $515 per working day per person and is not negotiable. This fee covers all administrative costs and expenses involved in preparing and leading activities.
- Fees for representatives of cultural organizations remain at the discretion of the organizations. However, eligible expenses cannot exceed $515 per working day per person.
- If the cultural resource is subject to the payment of taxes, these are added to the fees and count as an eligible expense.
- In all cases, the most cost-effective means of transportation must be used.
- The actual costs of public transportation and car rental are reimbursed.
- Reimbursements for parking expenses are based on the actual cost shown on the receipt provided.
- In exceptional circumstances, and provided an agreement to this effect has been reached, workshop leaders may travel to remote regions by rail or air.
Use of a personal vehicle
If the use of a personal vehicle is necessary, transportation expenses are reimbursed at the rate of $0.545 per kilometre. Supporting documents may be required, depending on the terms and conditions specified by the school, SSC or SB.
Expenses related to the use of a personal vehicle are allowable only for return trips covering a distance of over 25 kilometres between the school and the main office or residence of the cultural resource. For return trips under 25 kilometres, a flat fee of $13.63 may be claimed by presenting a supporting document (notice of meeting, parking receipt, etc.).
Trips of under 12 hours without an overnight stay
The following maximum meal expenses, including taxes and tips, are reimbursed to the cultural resource:
- Breakfast: $10.40 (applicable if the departure from the main office or residence occurs before 7:30 a.m.)
- Lunch: $14.30 (applicable if the departure from the main office or residence occurs before 11:30 a.m. and the return to the main office or residence occurs after 1:30 p.m.)
- Dinner: $21.55 (applicable if the return to the main office or residence occurs after 6:30 p.m.)
Travel with an overnight stay
Cultural resources whose travel involves an overnight stay may claim a per diem of $46.25 without submitting meal receipts.
Travel north of the 49th parallel
The total eligible amounts for meals are increased by:
- 30% if the meals are taken in a commercial establishment located between the 49th and 50th parallels
- 50% if they are taken in a municipality located above the 50th parallel
However, the following municipalities are excluded:
- Towns and villages on the Gaspé peninsula
- Accommodation costs may be reimbursed up to the maximum amounts indicated below, which exclude taxes. Taxes must be reimbursed separately. Supporting documents may be required, depending on the terms and conditions specified by the school, SSC or SB.
- Cultural resources are entitled to a fixed allowance of $5.85 per overnight stay.
- Cultural resources can choose to stay overnight with a relative or friend and receive a lump-sum allowance. This is set at $22.25 for each overnight stay.
- The actual costs of lodging in a hotel or any other type of accommodation in municipalities located north of the 51st parallel are reimbursable.
|Accommodation||Low season (November 1 to May 31)||High season (June 1 to October 31)|
a) Overnight stay in a hotel located within the limits of the city of Montréal
b) Overnight stay in a hotel located within the limits of the city of Québec
c) Overnight stay in a hotel located within the limits of the cities of Laval, Gatineau, Longueuil, Lac-Beauport and Lac Delage
d) Overnight stay in a hotel located elsewhere in Québec
e) Overnight stay in any other establishment (campground, youth hostel, etc.)
Costs associated with specialized materials, books purchase and equipment rentals
- Cultural resources are entitled to a reimbursement to cover the cost of purchasing specialized perishable or non-reusable materials and for the rental of equipment for which they are responsible. The purchase of books is also an eligible expense. Needs must be determined subsequent to an agreement with the school. Expenses must be justified.
- The SSC, SB or schools are responsible for purchasing these books, as stipulated in the Act respecting the development of Québec firms in the book industry (CQLR. c. D-8.1) and its regulations. Schools must purchase the books used for writer visits from a certified bookstore in their region.
- Cultural resources are responsible for the purchase, rental and transportation of the materials they require, though they may ask school staff for assistance if necessary.
Preparation and administration costs of schools
The preparation and administration costs listed below are covered to a maximum of 15% of the total of the other allowable expenses:
- The cost of providing substitute teachers to allow the teachers concerned to participate in the various phases of the projects
- The cost of technical and computer support for the workshops carried out by means of video-conference
- The cost of stationery, printing and photocopying
The following expenses are not eligible for reimbursement:
- Fees related to the organization of a field trip
- Fees and expenses related to the presentation of a professional or amateur show at the school or a cultural venue
- Purchase of permanent equipment such as
- stage equipment
- computer hardware
- musical instruments and music stands
- photographic equipment or video cameras
- Training costs for teaching staff and cultural partners
- Operating costs of cultural organizations
- The deadline for submitting projects is
October 15, 2022.
- Announcement of results:
Beginning of December 2022.
- Application form (in French only)