Artists and writers may submit only one submission file to be completed during the ongoing school year. This file may receive a maximum of $50 000 in funding.
To be eligible, projects must:
- Be carried out in one or more public educational institutions offering services in preschool, elementary or secondary education, vocational training or adult general education.
- Be related to a minimum of two subjects in the Québec Education Program and to the development of competencies in these subjects
- Be under the supervision of a teacher during school hours specified in the school calendar.
- Involve the participation of a cultural resource from the region (or from a neighbouring region).
- Involve a cultural resource listed in the Répertoire culture-éducation (in French only), or in the Liste d’organismes scientifiques (in French only), or meet the following two criteria: demonstrate expertise related to the project; and have worked with young people for more than two years (in this case, supporting documents must be provided with the project submission).
- Take place at a location authorized, in writing, by the school principal; the cultural resource must co-sign.
- Refer to Québec culture in all its diversity by focusing, for the first edition, on one or more of these themes or dimensions:
- Songs in French
- Folktales and popular traditions
- Tangible and intangible heritage
- Indigenous culture and traditions
- Be carried out during the 2022-2023 school year.
The following projects are not eligible for financial assistance:
- Projects that are already supported under a program or measure of the Ministère de la Culture et des Communications, the Ministère de l'Éducation (including the Culture in the Schools program), the Ministère de l'Enseignement supérieur or the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec
- Activities that focus solely on teaching students techniques or theoretical knowledge without cultural references, without developing subject-specific competencies
- One-off workshops, talks or performances that do not involve active student participation in the classroom
- Fundraising activities of a school, school service centre or school board project (e.g. benefit show, fundraiser, etc.)
- Performances or activities organized as a substitute for a field trip, provided that such a field trip would actually be possible
- The deadline for submitting projects is
October 15, 2022.
- Announcement of results:
Beginning of December 2022.
- Application form (in French only)