Submitting a Project Proposal
In order to prepare a science workshop at school or a field trip to a science organization, the person at the school responsible for the project must contact a science organization listed on the List of science organizations . Together, they will discuss the content and length of the activity, and the preparation to be carried out with the students. If the workshop is to be conducted by videoconference, it is recommended that audiovisual and connection checks be carried out first with each participant in order to ensure that the best possible conditions are in place.
It should be noted that the representative(s) of the science organization may carry out activities several times for the same project and that, when carrying out a science culture project, this person or these persons in no way substitute for the teacher. Accordingly, the teacher must be present for all project activities and manage the class during the workshop or field trip.
Projects must be submitted to the school service centres (SSC) or school boards (SB) or the Direction de l’enseignement privé of the Ministère, in accordance with their terms and conditions. A model of the Science Culture Project Submission Form is provided to SSC and SB for this purpose.
For more details, teachers can contact their school principal, who can, if necessary, contact the person responsible for Culture-Education files at the SSC and SB. The principal could also contact the Direction de l’enseignement privé at the Ministère.
Evaluation of applications for financial assistance
A project evaluation, selection and follow-up process must be established by the SSC and SB. It is up to the SSC, the SB and the Direction de l’enseignement privé of the Ministère to accept or refuse project submissions.
The assessment of project proposals could take into account the following criterias:
- effective collaboration between the teachers and the representatives of the science organization
- involvement of as many students as possible and their active participation throughout the project
- relevance of the preparatory and transfer-of-learning activities associated with the project
- connections with the Québec Education Program
The project submission deadline is determined by each school service centre and school board.
The submission deadline for science workshops or field trips is October 15.
- Project Submission Form
- List of science organizations (in French only)
- Répertoire culture-éducation (in French only)
- Video clip : Les organismes de culture scientifique, vos alliés
- Video clip : Développer la culture scientifique à l’école