To be eligible, a project must meet all of the following criteria:
- The project presents the steps in its preparation, implementation and transfer-of-learning phases:
- The preparation phase involves one or more activities that enable the students to acquire the knowledge they will need during the implementation phase.
- The implementation phase involves one or more cultural experiences in which students participate in science or technology workshops in the school or take field trips to a science organization. (Please note that a single project can combine workshops and field trips.)
- The transfer-of-learning phase allows students to reflect on the knowledge acquired during the previous two phases and to make connections with other learning situations in the classroom.
- The project consists of a maximum of:
- three cultural workshops with the same science organization and the same group of students at the school (exceptionally, a project may require up to five workshops)
- two field trips to visit a science organization with the same group of students (exceptionally, a project may require up to three field trips).
- It involves a maximum of 35 students per group in a workshop carried out in the classroom or by videoconference.
(The number of students taking part in field trips to cultural organizations and the duration of the trips may vary in accordance with the nature of the project and the organization’s visitor capacity.)
- The project involves the active participation of the teacher and the students in the preparation, implementation and transfer-of-learning phases.
- The project enlists the participation of a science organization listed in the Répertoire culture-éducation or the Supplementary list of organizations [available in French only].
- The project receives financial contributions from various partners.
- The project complies with the health and safety rules in effect at the school or school board as well as the rules of ethics applicable to the scientific or technological field involved.
If the workshop takes place by videoconference, the following additional conditions apply:
- The reasons why the workshop cannot be held in person must be given on the project submission form.
- The organization, whether it is listed in the Répertoire culture-éducation or appears in the Liste complémentaire d'organismes - volet Culture scientifique (in French only), must be able to offer a videoconference workshop under optimum conditions.
The following activities are not eligible:
- activities focused solely on teaching students a technique or theory
- activities that are routinely offered by the teacher of the subject as part of a course
- shows, presentations or demonstrations that do not involve active participation by all the students
- exchange trips and practicums
- fundraising activities for a school or school board project (e.g. benefit show, fundraiser)