To be eligible, projects must meet all of the following conditions:
- They must present the steps related to their preparation, implementation and transfer-of-learning phases.
- The preparation phase: enables the students to acquire the knowledge they will need during the implementation phase
- The implementation phase: introduces the students to one or more cultural experiences, such as workshops with artists, writers or cultural organizations
- The transfer-of-learning phase: allows students to reflect on the knowledge acquired from the various cultural experiences they were introduced to during the two earlier phases and to make connections with other learning situations in the classroom
- They must consist of a maximum of three workshops with the same cultural resource and the same group of students (on an exceptional basis, up to five workshops may be allowed, depending on the requirements of a given project).
- They must consist of one or more workshops offered to no more than 35 students at a time.
- They must involve the active participation of the teacher and students in their preparation and implementation phases and in the subsequent transfer-of-learning phase.
- They must enlist the participation of a cultural resource registered in the Répertoire culture-éducation , based on the workshop activities offered by the resource.
- They must involve financial contributions from various partners.
- They must comply the health and safety rules in effect at the school or school board.
If the workshop takes place by videoconference, the following additional conditions apply:
- The reasons why the workshop cannot be help in an actual face-to-face meeting with the cultural resource person must be given on the project submission form.
- The cultural resource person, who must be registered in the Répertoire culture-éducation must be able to offer a workshop by video under optimum conditions.
The following activities are not eligible:
- Activities focused solely on teaching students a technique or theory
- Activities that are routinely offered by the teacher of the subject as part of a regular class
- Performances, talks or demonstrations not involving the participation of all the students
- Exchange trips and practicums
- Fundraising activities for a school or school board project (e.g. benefit show, fundraiser)
The project submission deadlines are determined by each school board.
The submission deadline for cultural workshop proposal is October 15, 2019.