Correction of information appearing on a diploma

This service enables the holder of a Diploma of College Studies (DCS) to obtain a new original diploma incorporating corrected information (e.g. surname, first name).

This service is free. Requests made by telephone or e-mail cannot be processed.

Request are processed within ten working days. Allowance must then be made for mail delivery time.


  • Obtain from the appropriate authority (e.g. Québec’s Directeur de l’état civil or a registrar of civil status) an official document attesting to the changes made (e.g. certificate of change of name).
  • Present this official document to the college that recommended the awarding of the diploma so that it can input the required changes into the computerized systems.
  • Make a written request for a reprint of the original diploma, indicating the information to be corrected.
  • Send the request and the original of the diploma (to be replaced) to the following address:

    Direction des affaires étudiantes et institutionnelles
    Ministère de l'Éducation et de l'Enseignement supérieur
    1035, rue De La Chevrotière, 18e étage
    Québec (Québec)  G1R 5A5

Appreciation Form

Appreciation Form