Adults may decide to seek information, counselling or support for various reasons:
- They have no qualifications or diploma.
- They have dropped out of school, recently or several years ago.
- They have lost their job and need retraining or upgrading.
- They want to enrich their knowledge or acquire prerequisites for a new training program.
- They are immigrants, are Aboriginal people, have handicaps, have a low literacy level or have been in prison.
- They are poor, are receiving employment insurance or welfare or have no financial support.
- They do not or no longer have a personal or career plan (job loss, reorientation following physical or mental health problems, etc.).
- They have unrecognized competencies.
- They want to improve their living and working conditions.
- They want to help their children.
SARCA personnel are there to receive clients and support them as they work on their plan.