Recognition of student involvement at the college level
Student success is something you achieve, both in and out of the classroom. In order to ensure and encourage students' involvement in their colleges, the Ministère, in collaboration with the Fédération des cégeps and the Fédération étudiante collégiale du Québec, have launched the initiative, Recognition of student involvement at the college level.
Through this initiative, students who take part in an activity that is new, original or complementary to their personal investment in their college will have that activity mentioned in their transcript. This adds value to their Diploma of College Studies (DCS) and, by showing their personal and social involvement during their studies, could attract an employer's attention.
Get involved and make it count!
Your involvement in your college or community will be officially recognized on your college transcript.
Your involvement allows you to:
- stand out from the crowd in the eyes of an employer
- make an application for admission to college or university that sets you apart from the rest
- discover a stimulating environment
- develop a sense of belonging
- achieve your full potential
- confirm your academic choices
- develop greater independence
- meet people who will play a key role in your future
There are seven areas of student involvement:
- cultural and artistic: activities that involve creating, producing, organizing or exhibiting work that enriches cultural life
- entrepreneurship: activities that put the student at the heart of a business project
- political: activities aimed at defending the rights and interests of students or other social groups, and participating in provincial, national and international social debates
- scientific: scientific or technical activities that involve research, testing or popularization
- school: activities that are an extension of the student's program of study and career path
- social and community: activities that improve the quality of life of members of a community and contribute to promoting greater civic engagement
- sports: activities involving not only student athletes, but also student coaches and student members of sports committees